FOR OUR SUPPLIERS
Sustainable Supply Chain Management and Responsible Sourcing
Borusan Mannesmann owes its reliable, sustainable, quality products and services to its talented and competent workforce, to the values it adheres, and to the strong management policies it displays in its supply chain management. To make this value sustainable, as Borusan Mannesmann, we attach importance to our employees' health, safety, and development, and we regularly provide our suppliers controls for their production processes, such as delivery, quality, and product compliance. In the meantime, with the belief that sustainability should be considered a whole throughout our entire value chain, we regard our supply chain as an essential part of our value chain and accomplish pioneering works in this field.
We conduct our activities without compromising the ethical rules in all the fields we operate in and expect our suppliers to adopt the same responsible approach.
At Borusan Mannesmann, we evaluate all suppliers with whom we do business on such essential social and environmental criteria as
- Forced labor,
- Using child labor,
- Not discriminating among employees,
We prioritize the capability of the suppliers we will include in our approved supplier pool to prove that they may fully comply with all legal regulations in these main criteria, and we request the relevant documents from them before starting to work.
Relations with Suppliers in Borusan Group;
- It is believed that the goods and services offered by the suppliers directly affect the quality of the goods and services produced by the company itself. In this context, the suppliers are selected from among the institutions working with the desired quality and standards, and such suppliers are considered business partners.
- Supplier selection process is carried out transparently and impartially.
- The suppliers that are worked with and those that can be considered as potential are treated fairly and respectfully, and due care is taken for the timely fulfillment of the obligations.
- The information of the suppliers we do business with is protected meticulously.
- Suppliers that violate the law and that do not act under business ethics are not worked with.
- Suppliers, agents, subcontractors cannot be used to commit an illegal or unethical act.
- Employees are not allowed to accept gifts that will adversely affect their objective decision-making abilities (see also: "Guidelines for Giving and Accepting Gifts").
- While conducting their relations with suppliers, employees do not act in a way that gives third parties an impression that there is a relationship of interest in between.
- As Borusan Holding and Group companies, we collaborate with sustainability-oriented initiatives in Turkey and worldwide within the framework of the sustainability approach we adopt.
- As Borusan, we became a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Global Compact (UNGC), the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, in 2006. We committed ourselves to comply with the ten basic universal principles of the United Nations Global Compact, which calls on companies to align their strategies and operations with universal regulations focused on human rights, labor standards, environmental protection, and anti-corruption to achieve social goals.
- In 2010, we joined the Business World and Sustainable Development Association (SKD) as the second member from Turkey. We continue to contribute to the works being carried out under the umbrella of the Business World and Sustainable Development Association (SKD), which is the regional network and business partner of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) in Turkey, and we continue to take part in its board of directors.
- As being ranked among the first Turkish signatories to United Nations Women's Empowerment Principles (UNWEP's), and to Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) established in partnership with United Nations Global Compact and United Nations Social Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment Unit (UN Women) in 2012, Borusan Holding is the first company from Turkey to be selected for the WEPs Leadership Group in 2015.
- TEİD: As Borusan Holding, Borusan Investment, and Borusan Mannesmann, we are among the founding members of the Ethics and Reputation Association (TEİD), which was established to raise awareness of business ethics and create a culture of ethics and compliance in Turkey.
- DenizTemiz Association / TURMEPA (Turkish Marine Environment Protection Association): As Borusan Holding, we are a member of TURMEPA, a non-governmental movement that carries out projects to make the protection of our country's coasts and seas a national priority and to leave Turkey as a livable country with clean seas to our future generations.
- Turkish Green Building Council (ÇEDBİK): Borusan Mannesmann, among our group companies, is a member of the Turkish Green Building Council (ÇEDBİK), which contributes significantly to raising awareness in Turkey on sustainable urban transformation, energy efficiency, and green building.
- TEMA (the Turkish Foundation for Combating Erosion, Reforestation, and the Protection of Natural Habitats) Foundation: Borusan Holding is a member of the TEMA Foundation, among the founders of which is Asım Kocabıyık, the Founder and Honorary President of Borusan Group. TEMA is a voluntary, conscious, pioneering, international, and credible non-governmental organization that works based on science, and with the principle of sustainable living for the protection of natural assets, being the lands of our country in particular, that believes in social peace coming out of the soil, that is blended with the people, that has a say in the future of the country, and of the world as well.
- As a part of our collaboration with AÇEV (Mother and Child Education Foundation), which has aimed to support every child and their environment through education, starting from early ages since 1993, we have been organizing seminars to raise awareness about social gender equality among all Borusan community.
As a part of our sustainability efforts, we attach importance to responsible sourcing in our production, consumption, and purchasing processes. We request a commitment to the traditional cost and quality management process for the "Borusan Group Supplier Working Conditions Protocol" document, which our suppliers have adopted as a working prerequisite. We periodically audit the working conditions of our suppliers' thanks to effective collaboration.